эмо, эмо хардкор, скримо, эмо поп и т.д.

Модератор: no means no

uzername
untitled
Контактная информация:

Kolya

Сообщение uzername »

Кто-нибудь их слышал? Народ зарубежный их хвалит. В итоге вылез с какого-то форума вот на эту рецензию:

Kolya
S/T
Caulfield Records
You can read a lot into the material record labels send out with their releases. Caulfield goes into a long discussion about how genres are irrelevant and let the music of Kolya speak for itself. Translation: they can't figure out how to describe it either.

Somewhere between modern post-rock and math-rock and mid-90's emo lie Kolya's brand of jerky, powerful, emphatic music. The percussion is complex, and time changes abound. The guitar comes fast and yet melodic, oddly tuned and mixing with a thick bass. And the vocalists almost never sing, instead speaking and practically shouting, but never giving way into screams. Sometimes it's one person, sometimes multiple parts. And one moment the guitars will be coming fast and furious - yet never quite falling into the hardcore realm of some of this band's counterparts - and the next it will be soft and melodic. It's never too loud, never quite soft, but always twisted and powerful.

From the first shouted "We talked / like noises / that go away / when lights turn on" to kick off "Robots Dream in Black and White," the song takes you on a convoluted series of twists and turns, going from deep, thick guitar and spoken vocals to more up-tempo guitar and practically shouted, stream-of-consciousness lyrics. There's almost singing on "Somnambulism," and it's almost shouting, yet this variation lends this song a more intense and powerful feel, as much as the more rocking guitars do. My favorite track, "Resuscitation" reminds me quite a bit of Current and Indian Summer, and I get shivers at the spoken lyrics ("It took longer than I thought it would, to find a blank space / And my heart pounded loudly as I thought of... and began to write again"), the winding guitars, the more moody feel.

In something of a DC-shouty feel, "Escape Artist" starts with dueling vocalists, one shouting "exit," the other "the stage," and they mix vocals throughout this herky-jerky track. There's more of that on the somewhat Q and Not U-style "The Death of Ivan Ilych," while "Astronaut" has a bit of a slower At the Drive-In sound to it, more moody and focused on some stellar crisp guitar lines. "Cymbals Vs. Skateboards" sounds a bit like old Indian Summer, with spoken vocals accompanied mostly by percussion and some guitar bursts, but here backing vocals are used now and then, softly sung "whoa-oh-oh." By "Idaho," the band has calmed down and even sing somewhat to a more restrained song for almost a Boys Life sort of feel. "Horizons" ends along the same feel, only more moody, more urgent and angry even, as the lead singer speaks "In it you can sense that perfection is forever all around us... and not meant to be human."

No, I have no idea how to describe Kolya either. After the first few listens, I was turned off by the spoken vocal style and thick-feeling tone to the guitars and bass, but repeated listens pounded the intensity and brilliance of this band into my head. No, I didn't even like it much at first, yet now I play it over and over again. The vocals grated at first but now come packed with feeling that reminds me of the great mid-90's emo bands. Maybe that's why I love this so much. Kolya combine that feel with more [/b]
Sterk
pre-satan

Сообщение Sterk »

слышал и настоятельно их рекомендую. отличнейшая группа была. первая песня лонгплея - просто хит.
Очки Махатмы Ганди и другие предметы, принадлежавшие знаменитому индийскому лидеру, были проданы на аукционе в Нью-Йорке за $1,8 млн.
что
kick-ass s1nner

Сообщение что »

The Death of Ivan Ilych ? :oops:
Sterk
pre-satan

Сообщение Sterk »

и вот ещё. сайт нынешний группы бывших участников Коли.
http://www.theunionares.com/

The Union Ares is, as shown:
Matt LaVonture: Bass
Todd Giles: Vocals & Guitar
Carl Eklof: Drums

Not shown is Craig Schechter, former bass player, currently manager and drinking buddy.
The roots of The Union Ares reach back to the demise of guitarist Todd Giles's and bassist Craig Schechter's former band, Kolya, which broke up in October 2001. Around this time, Todd began writing songs that didn't fit Kolya's Chicago-meets-DC mathrock formula. His new songs were more driving and melodic. No longer in a band, Todd began to perform his new songs as a solo act around Boston, in clubs like TT the Bears, The Middle East, Skybar, Charlie's Kitchen, and the Abbey Lounge. In fall of 2002, he even embarked on a monthlong tour to cities like Chicago, Toronto, Austin, St. Louis, and Philadelphia. As Todd honed his skills as a solo performer, he began to imagine putting together a band to fully realize the songs' potential. Former Kolya bassist Craig Schechter expressed interest, and through a mutual friend, former Victory at Sea drummer Carl Eklof was recruited.

In the fall of 2003, the trio began to rehearse in Todd's grandmother's basement in the peaceful village of Hamilton, MA. Using Todd's demo recordings as blueprints, the band began fleshing out arrangements of the songs. The Union Ares's inaugural show as a full band took place in March 2003 at the Middle East in Cambridge. Shows at TT The Bears in April and a recording session in May followed. ...The Union Ares is here.
Очки Махатмы Ганди и другие предметы, принадлежавшие знаменитому индийскому лидеру, были проданы на аукционе в Нью-Йорке за $1,8 млн.
uzername
untitled
Контактная информация:

Сообщение uzername »

Качаю Колю! Еле нашёл, он в солусике всего у одного человека обнаружился. Послушал полпесни, показалось, что это нечто среднее между Polaris и Hal Al Shedad! Офигенно! То есть mathrock + progcore. Ух!
uzername
untitled
Контактная информация:

Сообщение uzername »

павлов писал(а):сегодня днем скачал колю. то что у меня, хороший эмо рок. звучат довольно олдскульно. доволен.
побольше б такого эморока.:)
lobanov maksim
шведские девочки

Сообщение lobanov maksim »

uzername писал(а):
павлов писал(а):сегодня днем скачал колю. то что у меня, хороший эмо рок. звучат довольно олдскульно. доволен.
побольше б такого эморока.:)
еще бы
uzername
untitled
Контактная информация:

Сообщение uzername »

Кстати, очень странно выглядит вся эта популяризация и в конечном итоге деградация/дискредитация эморока. Так хорошо всё начиналось, и так плохо закончилось. Всякие Финчи появились... Сайты типа emokids.ru... Гады.:) И ведь историю назад уже не повернуть:).
xXBurningHeartXx
s1nner-light

Сообщение xXBurningHeartXx »

не думаю, что финчи являются пусть даже косвенным плодом развития эморока.. вот фараквет какой-нить.. это туда.. а финч - дети грин дей.. грин грей, блять
ZED_flame
Dev1l
Контактная информация:

Сообщение ZED_flame »

финч - дети глассджоу, так как друзья.
а глассджоу - дети эморока, так что все правильно.
"Одно опадающее дерево шумит больше, чем целый расцветающий лес"
Sterk
pre-satan

Сообщение Sterk »

xXBurningHeartXx писал(а):вот фараквет какой-нить.. это туда..
если ты про faraquet, то давай без "какой-нить". %)
они такая же жертва, ибо офигенны.
CAT
s1nner-light

Сообщение CAT »

ну ващеее.Меня порадовала группка.Даже очень.
хсделай_мне_больнох
kick-ass s1nner

Сообщение хсделай_мне_больнох »

местами (особено вокалом) похоже на at the drive-in

для ознакомления: webfile.ru/791545
random.h3ro
Пионер

Сообщение random.h3ro »

хсделай_мне_больнох писал(а):местами (особено вокалом) похоже на at the drive-in

для ознакомления: webfile.ru/791545
а ест ьу них еще че нить...помимо ст из 2х треков...или это не полный ст???
dandy.dust
районный мод
Контактная информация:

Сообщение dandy.dust »

интересные! только не эмо никакое
uzername
untitled
Контактная информация:

Сообщение uzername »

dandy.dust писал(а):интересные! только не эмо никакое
Вот это как раз настоящее "эмо" и есть.
dandy.dust
районный мод
Контактная информация:

Сообщение dandy.dust »

а ну если ты про настоящее эмо то да) я думал ты про говно другое что эмо зовётся нынче
uzername
untitled
Контактная информация:

Сообщение uzername »

Если голубь родится в конюшне, он от этого лошадью не станет.
Это я про современное псевдоэмо.
uzername
untitled
Контактная информация:

Сообщение uzername »

random.h3ro писал(а): а ест ьу них еще че нить...помимо ст из 2х треков...или это не полный ст???
2001 s/t:
kolya-01-robots_dream_in_black_and_white.mp3
kolya-02-somnambulism.mp3
kolya-03-resuscitation.mp3
kolya-04-escape_artist.mp3
kolya-05-the_death_of_ivan_ilych.mp3
kolya-06-astronaut.mp3
kolya-07-la_machine_est_morte.mp3
kolya-08-cymbols_vs_skateboards.mp3
kolya-09-idaho.mp3
kolya-10-horizons.mp3
хсделай_мне_больнох